ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] viability of the charter for this group

  • To: gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] viability of the charter for this group
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 08:59:12 +0400

Hi,

Now that the Board has trumped the actions of this group with a resolution
(2012.11.26.NG03) that I consider, at best, premature and at worst a slap in
the face to all who work on PDPs, I wonder, how does this affect our charter
and work program?  The reason I beleive this is such a slap as it took a
different approach with regard to IOC/RC that it did with IGOs
(2012.11.26.NG01,2)

For example, can we still recommend that one or both of those who have been
elevated beyond all others and have been granted special protections, can have
those protections removed by consensus of this PDP?

avri