ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Criteria and SG-C Input

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Criteria and SG-C Input
  • From: Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 22:05:09 +0100

All,
this is just to let you know that I proposed to use objective criteria as these
seem to be favored by many in the group.

Nothing stops us from using other criteria. I would just caution about the risk
of not being able to treat organizations equally. In other words, the less
objective criteria are, the more difficult their application might be.

Having said that, I would like to encourage you all to propose criteria (or
other aspects that might help us working on our task). The group will then have
to make a decision. Even things that do not end up being decisive will help us
in making an informed decision.

I am working with Berry at the moment on a template that shall help working
with the straw man. In the meantime, please continue the lively discussion!

Thomas

Am 06.12.2012 um 18:12 schrieb Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I can agree that maybe this will be the case.  The beauty of the PDP process
> is that it allows the community to explore the issues completely and come to
> a multistakeholder decision on the proper course to follow.
>
> Certainly the GNSO has the authority to decide the policy issues in our
> charter, and perhaps we will find relevant objective criteria appropriate for
> deciding those issues.
>
> avri
>
> On 6 Dec 2012, at 17:16, Claudia MACMASTER TAMARIT wrote:
>
>> Dear Ricardo and All,
>>
>> I strongly agree that, as you say, the “protection of INGO names does not
>> seem to follow strictly objective parameters for that whole category as
>> such,” and “the GNSO has the legitimacy to perhaps propose policy that may
>> lead to certain additional protection applicable to INGOs on the basis of
>> other objective criteria.”
>>
>> This is fundamental.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Claudia

Thomas Rickert, Rechtsanwalt
Schollmeyer &  Rickert Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft m.b.H. (i.e. law firm)
Geschäftsführer / CEO: Torsten Schollmeyer, Thomas Rickert
HRB 9262, AG Bonn

Büro / Office Bonn:
Kaiserplatz 7-9, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228 74 898 - 0

Büro / Office Frankfurt a.M.:
Savignystraße 43, 60325 Frankfurt, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)69 714 021 - 56

Zentralfax: +49 (0)228 74 898 - 66

mailto: rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype-id: trickert