ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] IOC Objections to SG input form

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] IOC Objections to SG input form
  • From: Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:55:28 +0100

Hi Avri,

> You suggest we use 'the tool'  Which tool.  The spreadsheet?
> Ok, I suppose that is possible.

Yes, the spreadsheet.

> Will this be available at the time that the C & SGs are doing their initial
> comments.

Yes.

> My concern was to make sure that the stakeholders were able to obtain all of
> the information some members indicated was necessary for them to make
> educated and informed evaluations.  I want to make sure that the answers we
> get from the stakeholders are not deprecated because they did not have access
> to some 'necessary' information.

Agreed. I was informed by staff that a wiki page is currently being worked on
anyway.

Thomas

> avri
>

> On 11 Dec 2012, at 14:15, Thomas Rickert wrote:
>
>> Avri,
>> as you will have seen from the spreadsheet and my covering note the idea is
>> to have all arguments in one place including links to the relevant documents
>> to make it easier for all participants to work on this complex issue.
>>
>> While I like the idea of a wiki, I suggest we use the tool for the time
>> being. Let us consider your proposal again prior to opening a public comment
>> period.
>>
>> Thomas
>>
>> Am 08.12.2012 um 18:16 schrieb Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> One other thing, a lot of us have been following this whole saga for quite
>>> a while, reading the docs and discussing it extensively in the
>>> Constituencies and Stakeholder groups..  Some of our constituencies and
>>> stakeholder groups have been shaped by this 'conversation' over the last
>>> few years and the members have informed positions  We are not uneducated in
>>> the arguments being put forward.
>>>
>>> I suggest that you ask staff to help you make a wiki page that contains
>>> every document and every argument you think people should look at.  I
>>> expect the community will look at it, will discuss it it, and will make up
>>> their own minds.
>>>
>>> With all due respect, please do not assume our answers will have no
>>> "substantive value."
>>>
>>> avri

Thomas Rickert, Rechtsanwalt
Schollmeyer &  Rickert Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft m.b.H. (i.e. law firm)
Geschäftsführer / CEO: Torsten Schollmeyer, Thomas Rickert
HRB 9262, AG Bonn

Büro / Office Bonn:
Kaiserplatz 7-9, 53113 Bonn, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)228 74 898 - 0

Büro / Office Frankfurt a.M.:
Savignystraße 43, 60325 Frankfurt, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)69 714 021 - 56

Zentralfax: +49 (0)228 74 898 - 66

mailto: rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype-id: trickert