ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - 27 February 2013

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - 27 February 2013
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:28:03 -0800

Dear All,

The next call for the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP)
Working Group is scheduled on Wednesday 6 March at 17:00 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group teleconference held on Wednesday 27 February 2013
at 19:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-20130227-en.mp3

On page: http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Jim Bikoff – IPC/IOC
Elizabeth Finberg - RySG
Chuck Gomes - RySG
Alan Greenberg - ALAC
Catherine Gribbin - Red Cross
David Heasley - IPC/IOC
David Maher - RySG
Kiran Malancharuvil - IPC/IOC
Thomas Rickert - NCA - Working group chair
Greg Shatan - IPC
Claudia MacMaster Tamarit - ISO
Mary Wong - NCUC
Jonathan Robinson - RySG - GNSO Council Chair
Mason Cole - GNSO Council vice chair

Apologies:
Wilson Abigagba - NCSG
Avri Doria – NCSG
Evan Leibovitch – ALAC
Lanre Ajayi - NCA
Paul Diaz – RySG
Guilaine Fournet – (IEC)
David Roache-Turner - WIPO
Ricardo Guilherme – RySG
Christopher Rassi - Red Cross
Iliya Bazlyankov – RrSG

ICANN Staff:
Berry Cobb
Brian Peck
Julia Charvolen

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen
For GNSO Secretariat

*************

Adobe Chat transcript for 27 February 2013:
Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 27 FEB 2013 IGO-INGO Teleconference.
  Thomas Rickert:Waiting for the operator....
  Kiran/Jim (IOC):Hi all, Kiran Malancharuvil, Jim Bikoff and David Heasley
here from the IOC.
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you, will note that
  Kiran/Jim (IOC):Thanks Julia!
  Julia Charvolen:Elizabeth Finberg joined the phone bridge
  Julia Charvolen:Mary Wong and Greg Shatan joined
  Elizabeth Finberg:Thanks, Julia
  Elizabeth Finberg:+1 Chuck
  Alan Greenberg:WOlfgang, I think, was the first one to raise the ECOSOC
list...
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I'm sure you're right, Alan.  It was already
in discussion even in the Report, if memory serves.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Mary+1
  Alan Greenberg:It is a 3 dinetional problem, type of org, criteria, type of
protection.
  Alan Greenberg:We do have a LOT of people missing today.
  Kiran/Jim (IOC):I'm not sure what Alan is really saying, can't agree or
disagree without additional explanation.  Can you clarify Alan?
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Chuck, why should the "why" be different for
different groups (unless of course the law requires it absolutely)?
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):It does for me, thanks.
  Kiran/Jim (IOC):Thanks Alan, very helpful
  Mason Cole:All -- have to drop off call now.  I will catch up.
  Kiran/Jim (IOC):It's the UN6 plus 3 additional languages (German, Greek and
Korean)
  Kiran/Jim (IOC):just a minor point of clarification, thanks
  Berry Cobb:Thank you Kiran.  Updated
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I hope
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I always gets bumped off the line at the good
part.
  Julia Charvolen:Do you want operator to dial out to you?
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):back finally.  thanks Julia.
  Julia Charvolen:sure you're welcome
  Berry
Cobb:http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-26feb13-en.htm
  Alan Greenberg:The discssion between Chuck and me DOES demonstrate how
difficult some of these issues are.
  Greg Shatan:Per Module 4: The outcome of the String Similarity review
described in Module 2 is the identification of contention sets among
applications that have direct or indirect contention relationships with one
another. Page 4.3.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I'm afraid I have to leave early.  Thank you
Thomas and all colleagues in advance.  Apologies for my departure.
  Chuck Gomes:@ Greg:  See AG 2.2.1.1.1  There are four types sting similarity
reviews and only one of them results in contention sets.
  Alan Greenberg:One commen on permanent claims notices. Registrars have said
that many of them, and particularly those who work thtrough resellers, bout not
support a permanent claim notice without very significant cost and difficullty.
I'm not makeing that claim, just alerting the group to them.
  Chuck Gomes:I do not recall
  Chuck Gomes:Not shy just very busy!
  Alan Greenberg:Ig you do a Google search for "UDRP IGO site:icann.org", you
will see the draft IGO domain name dispute. But the link no longer works. Will
try to find the new link.
  Chuck Gomes:Thanks Thomas