ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] opening of RPMs

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] opening of RPMs
  • From: Thomas Rickert <rickert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 20:09:57 +0100

All,
at our meeting this week, the WG discussed the Protection Matrix spreadsheet
with a partial focus on making available the curative RPMs (UDRP, URS) to
IGO-INGOs.  There seems to be general support around this proposal.  However,
possible recommendations for policy modification, if any, might be beyond the
scope of this WG’s remit thus requiring the formation of a separate group
approved by the GNSO Council.   It is anticipated that any changes in policy
will require specific expertise with RPMs to ensure proposed changes are well
vetted, accepted by the community, and properly implemented.

If the WG were to accept this as a recommendation, it is possible for us to
explore making the recommendation(s) about IGO-INGO access to RPMs in isolation
and prior to WG final recommendations, if any, about preventative protections
of identifiers.

Dialogue on the mailing list is encouraged as this possible approach will
become a specific agenda item at our 6 March 2013 meeting.

Thanks,
Thomas