ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Qualification Criteria

  • To: Berry Cobb <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Qualification Criteria
  • From: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 11:40:14 -0800

The stated "goal" of this document says that our "goal" is to create new privileges in some formulation. I don't believe that is our goal or something this group has consensus on. Our goal is firstly to determine "if" we should create any new privileges and *only if* the answer is yes, then do we go to the goal stated in this document.

Again I feel we are putting the cart before the horse here. We cannot presume that we must come create these privileges. We have to leave room for the possibility that we won't reach consensus to create any special privileges at all. Otherwise, I don't know what we are here for if it is only to rubber stamp the decisions or wishes of others.

Thanks,
Robin