ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] Topic #3 - IGO-INGO Equivalent Standing for Objections

  • To: <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] Topic #3 - IGO-INGO Equivalent Standing for Objections
  • From: "Berry Cobb" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 10:35:51 -0700

Hi All,

Judging by the responses and the Chair's assessment thus far, it appears
that there is not much support for Fee Waivers at the various levels of the
protection mechanisms discussed, with the exception at the top-level for
future applications of gTLDs.  We ask that the WG stakeholders respond to
the following questions in the context that an organization's identifiers
would not be placed on a reserved names list or listed in the Applicant
Guidebook as ineligible for registration:

1.       Is there support for IGO, IOC, and RCRC to have equivalent standing
similar to the GAC and ALAC for filing objections against top-level
applications for gTLDs? (Note that there is no charge of a filing fee for
that GAC and ALAC)

2.       If there is no support for equivalent standing, is there support
for a fee reduction for filing objections to new gTLD applications by IGO,
IOC, and RCRC?

3.       If there is no support for either concept, what are your thoughts
about the organizations seeking protection to collaborate with the GAC for
gTLD applications where an objection is being considered?

We will discuss this topic at our 8 May 2013 conference call.

Thank you for your input.  B

Berry Cobb

720.839.5735

mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx