ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] IGO-INGO

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] IGO-INGO
  • From: Jim Bikoff <jbikoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 18:56:39 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

Attached is the table, with our comments on behalf of the IOC.

As you know, our position has been consistent throughout the prior IOC/RCRC
Working Group and the present IGO-INGO PDP Working Group: the IOC names should
be reserved at the top and second levels.  This position has been long endorsed
by the GAC and adopted by the ICANN board, and  is reflected in the Applicant
Guidebook and the Registry Agreement.  This position is also supported by the
largest TLD applicant, Donuts, according to Jon Nevette's recent letter
expressing support for the latest iteration of the Registry Agreement.

We are encouraged by what appears to be an emerging consensus around protection
for the IGO, IOC, and RC names, and look forward to tomorrow's discussion.

Sincerely,

Jim

James L. Bikoff
Silverberg, Goldman & Bikoff, LLP