ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] Draft Initial Report for IGO/INGO PDP WG

  • To: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Brian Peck <brian.peck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-igo-ingo] Draft Initial Report for IGO/INGO PDP WG
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 16:47:21 +0000

I want to make clear that my suggestion to validate the WG member list was not
intended to put anyone into a situation where they needed to justify their
participation or for the WG or staff to have to make judgments as to who
participated or not.  Rather, my intent was to allow those who may have
intended to participate so they volunteered but later were unable to do so to
ask that their name be removed. I myself have had to do that in cases where I
was added to a WG because I was a Council officer but never really
participated.  Also, participation doesn't only involve meetings; some are not
able to attend meetings but may participate very actively via email or
monitoring activity.

In the case of the RySG, there are a few names on the list for people who
rarely if ever participated in the WG or even in RySG discussions of WG
activities.  I thought they might want to have their name removed.

Chuck