ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Draft Initial Report for IGO/INGO PDP WG

  • To: "GNSO IGO INGO (gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx)" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Draft Initial Report for IGO/INGO PDP WG
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 19:05:19 -0400

On 6 Jun 2013, at 14:09, Kiran Malancharuvil wrote:

> The reason I disagree with Chuck and David R-T here, is that, unlike IGOs and
> INGOs, the IOC and Red Cross are operating under the same set of criteria for
> protection, articulated by the GAC time and time again, supported by the
> Board, and approved by the GNSO (IOC/RCRC DT).

The GAC advice is just advice given to the Board.
It is not a determining factor for the work of this group.

All previsous Board and GNSO decisions are provisional
and are not a determining factor for the work of this group.

Except for the GNSO charter of this PDP, which does not require that RCRC and
IOC be treated as if they were identical or had identical cases to be made.

avri