ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - Wednesday 28 August 2013

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - Wednesday 28 August 2013
  • From: Julia Charvolen <julia.charvolen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:54:13 -0700

Dear All,

The next IGO-INGO Protections policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group
call is scheduled on Wednesday 04 September 2013 at 1600 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group teleconference held on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 at
1600 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-20130828-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb>aug

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Griffin Barnett – IPC/ IOC
Jim Bikoff – IPC/IOC
Avri Doria - NCSG
Elizabeth Finberg - RySG
Susan Fridy - OECD
Chuck Gomes – RySG
Alan Greenberg – ALAC
Robin Gross - NCSG
David Heasley – IPC/IOC
Judd Lauter – IOC/IOC
Sam Paltridge – OECD
Christopher Rassi - Red Cross Red Crescent
Thomas Rickert – NCA –Working group chair
Megan Rogers - OECD
Greg Shatan – IPC
Claudia MacMaster Tamarit - ISO
Joanne Teng – WIPO
Ingrid Arana
Jean Abbout
Andra Nicoara

Apologies:
David Maher – RySG
Osvaldo Novoa - ISPCP

ICANN Staff:
Berry Cobb
Brian Peck
Glen De Saint Gery
Mary Wong
Julia Charvolen

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript 28 August 2013:
Berry Cobb:Welcome to the 28 Aug 2013 IGO-INGO teleconference.
  Julia Charvolen:May I have your affilitation Susan please
  Berry Cobb:Chuck will join in a bit.
  Susan Fridy:Susan Fridy - OECD Washington Center. Thanks!
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you Susan
  Julia Charvolen:I will note that
  Julia Charvolen:Andra Nicoara joined the phont bridge
  Julia Charvolen:Chuck Gomes is running late, he will join the meeting soon
  Julia Charvolen:Robin Gross joined the meeting
  Avri Doria:Sorry to be late.
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your mic if you are not speaking
  Avri Doria:SOI addition, I can represent the views of APC
  Avri Doria: Ingo i am amember of inthis groupAn
  Julia Charvolen:Chuck Gomes joined the meeting
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):For ISO and IEC, one official language of the
organization is sufficent.
  Robin Gross:I do not support creating any special privileges for any of these
special interests.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I can agree with Alan on this, as well.
  Chuck Gomes:I agree as well.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):No, not from my view
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute you mic if you are not speaking
  Julia Charvolen:thank you
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):It's important to remember that this would
apply to full name registrations.  I doubt there are many cases where a full
name is registered as a second name and doesn't already belong to the relevant
IO.  And if it does not, these vary rare cases can be dealt with by the IO if
it is indeed abusive.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):second level
  Elizabeth Finberg:I agree with Chuck.
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):That's a good clarification, Thank you Alan.
We agree
  Avri Doria:I think its more than implementation Ii
  Elizabeth Finberg:+1
  Avri Doria:I feel like I am diverging.amI minority army role?i
  Avri Doria:Trouble with writing
  Julia Charvolen:Please mute your mic if you are not speaking, thank you
  Avri Doria:Liability issue afoul be understood as part of the issue
  Avri Doria:Also
  Avri Doria:But they are the ingo
  Greg Shatan:What about transfer along with all or substantially all of the
assets of the registrant?  That avoids transfers to unrelated third parties.
  Elizabeth Finberg:I agree with Thomas.  Even frivolous claims impose a cost
of defense.
  Alan Greenberg:Greg, we could do that, but there the liability issues may
well rear their head. That is altering the rights that a registrant has.
  Elizabeth Finberg:+1 to Claudia's comment
  Greg Shatan:Just exploring a middle path.  I personally support full
grandfathering.
  Alan Greenberg:As Claudia pointed out, if there are problematic cases, they
are edge cases...
  Chuck Gomes:Thanks Thomas & Berry
  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Thank you Thomas, Berry and all colleagues
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you everyone