ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - Wednesday 4th September 2013

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] MP3 IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group - Wednesday 4th September 2013
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 12:56:31 -0700

Dear All,

The next IGO-INGO Protections policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group
call is scheduled on Wednesday 11 September 2013 at 1600 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording of the IGO-INGO Protections Policy Development
Process (PDP) Working Group teleconference held on Wednesday, 4th September
2013 at 1600 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-20130904-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#feb>sep

Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Jim Bikoff - IPC/IOC
Avri Doria - NCSG
Elizabeth Finberg - RySG
Chuck Gomes - RySG
David Heasley - IPC/IOC
Judd Lauter - IOC/IOC
Sam Paltridge - OECD
Thomas Rickert - NCA -Working group chair
Greg Shatan - IPC
Claudia MacMaster Tamarit - ISO
Joanne Teng - WIPO
Stephane Hankins - Red Cross Red Crescent
Alan Greenberg - ALAC
Griffin Barnett - IPC/IOC

Apology: none

ICANN Staff:
Berry Cobb
Brian Peck
Nathalie Peregrine

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript 4th September 2013:

Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the IGO-INGO meeting on the 4th
September 2013 at 1600UTC

  Judd Lauter:Jim Bikoff, David Heasley, and Griffin Barnett are also on the
call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:noted!

  Avri Doria:people may not speak up every time you ask, if you ask often
enough.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Stephane Hankins has joined the AC room

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):Certainly for INGOs.  We have 160 plus
national  members.

  Alan Greenberg:I will be on call shortly, but not on adobe most of time

  Greg Shatan:+1 for Thomas and Chuck

  Avri Doria:chuck is HARD to hear

  Greg Shatan:Chuck you are very faint.

  Avri Doria:amyting can be reopenned if there are significatn new information
or change is viewpoints

  Berry Cobb:Keep in mind that Scope 2 Names of RCRC identifers did received
support for TMCH protections, not the reserver protections for Scope 1
identifers.

  Chuck Gomes:@ Berry:  Good point

  Avri Doria:confusingly similar doesn't mean much anymore.

  Avri Doria:or rather what it means is very ambiguous

  Chuck Gomes:Please note that my comments related only  to the additional RCRC
strings not to any other issues.

  Chuck Gomes:@ Avri:  String similarity has been very clear in the new gTLD
evaluations!  :)

  Elizabeth Finberg:+1 to Greg's comments

  Alan Greenberg:@Greg  +1

  Greg Shatan:@avri: I would tend to disagree that "confusingly similar"
doesn't mean much anymore.  It's the very linchpin of trademark infringment
analysis.  It's nuanced and subject to much analysis and argument, but still
very meaningful.

  Berry Cobb:I've taken the action to add that to the report, Alan.

  Chuck Gomes:@ Alan:  We probably should say "approved variants".

  Sam (OECD):I need to leave the call.

  Avri Doria:@greg, i meant with reegard to ICANN and new gTLDs based on the
evidence.

  Avri Doria:Am I the only one who objects to changes of registrant being
handled like any existing domain name?

  Thomas Rickert:Noone else has shared this view so far, Avri.

  Avri Doria:ok.  it amazes me.  this will get  a minority stmt.

  Chuck Gomes:There is no redcross.net.

  Claudia MacMaster Tamarit (ISO):I'm afraid I must leave early.  Thank you
again as always.

  Alan Greenberg:@Chuck. Good point!

  Elizabeth Finberg:+1 Chuck

  Avri Doria:whT IS THE SCHEDULE FOR MINORITY POSTIONS - WHICH I GUESS WE ONLY
KNOW AFTER WE SEE THE NEXT DRAFT.

  Avri Doria:SORRY ABOUT THE caps

  Avri Doria:(i hit the capslock instead of a)

  Avri Doria:how can we send the minority statements until we see the draft
final consensus call?

  Avri Doria:i, e.g., can agree that i am in the minorioty of several things
which i agree can be called consensus

  Avri Doria:next call is the deadline?

  Avri Doria:it was a question. not an assumption.

  Chuck Gomes:I want to give special thanks to Thomas & Berry because this is a
particularly busy time for them.

  Chuck Gomes:Adding the minority reports to the final report is a reasonable
alternative.

  Avri Doria:I figure that mine will start with" as this is a draft final
report, this is a draft minority comment from ..."

  Chuck Gomes:@ Avri:  :)