ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] IGO-INGO Consensus Call

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] IGO-INGO Consensus Call
  • From: "Lelievre-Acosta, Berly" <berly.lelievre-acosta@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:10:43 +0000

Dear Thomas and colleagues,
Further to our previous teleconference, we confirm that we do not support IGO
Recommendation 5 since it does not provide an appropriate level of protection
for IGO acronyms.  As indicated in our email of September 11, 2013, our
opposition to IGO Recommendation 5 "concerns the lack of preventative
second-level protection implied by the majority-proposed addition to the
Trademark Clearinghouse".
Regarding General Recommendation 4, we believe it is more appropriate to keep
the wording as is and call it divergence.  The fact is that the members of the
Working Group provided comments to General Recommendation 4 as it is currently
drafted and it would be ill-advised to change its wording at this late stage.
Considering the compilation of responses received from Working Group members,
to invert the recommendation and then argue in favor of consensus is simply
inappropriate.
Sincerely,
WIPO, OECD, UPU
Berly Lelievre Acosta and Jo Teng on behalf of Working Group representatives
from WIPO, OECD, UPU

Berly Lelievre Acosta (Mr.) | Legal Officer | WIPO Arbitration and Mediation
Center
34 chemin des Colombettes, 1211 Geneva 20, Switzerland | T +4122 338
8247<tel:%2B4122%20338%208247> | E
berly.lelievreacosta@xxxxxxxx<mailto:berly.lelievreacosta@xxxxxxxx> |
www.wipo.int<http://www.wipo.int/>
The WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center is an international provider of
non-profit services for the out-of-court resolution of commercial disputes. The
Center specializes in cases arising out of intellectual property related
transactions, in particular technology (e.g., licensing, R&D, distribution) and
entertainment (e.g., copyright, production, formats).
WIPO arbitration, mediation and expert determination contract clauses:
www.wipo.int/amc/en/clauses/<http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/clauses/>
WIPO Internet domain name dispute resolution:
www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/<http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/>

World Intellectual Property Organization Disclaimer: This electronic message
may contain privileged, confidential and copyright protected information. If
you have received this e-mail by mistake, please immediately notify the sender
and delete this e-mail and all its attachments. Please ensure all e-mail
attachments are scanned for viruses prior to opening or using.