ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] IGO-INGO WG - Draft GNSO Council motion

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] IGO-INGO WG - Draft GNSO Council motion
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 12:55:39 -0800

WG members,

Please find attached a draft motion for discussion during our meeting
tomorrow. Note that the Resolved clauses track the current language and
consensus levels in the latest version of the Final Report circulated by
Berry yesterday, and as such are subject to the WG's discussion and review
tomorrow of the public comments received after our last call.

A few explanatory notes about the draft motion:

* We have tried to include in the Whereas clauses a fairly full history of
the GNSO discussions and work on this issue, stemming from before this WG
was formed and including relevant communications from the Board, GAC and
others.
* The Resolved clauses track and summarize the WG's recommendations by (1)
Consensus levels; and (2) type of organization; meaning that the motion does
not include those recommendations/proposals that did not achieve Consensus
level support (as agreed on the call last week) - the Council will of course
be aware of the WG's report and all its recommendations and reminded that it
may, should it wish to do so, discuss at least some of those other
recommendations/proposals for possible further action.

A final version of the motion will be prepared after the WG's discussions
this week, and sent to the GNSO Council by 10 November (the deadline for
submission of all motions and documents due for voting and other actions in
Buenos Aires).

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong