ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

[gnso-igo-ingo] Latest revised draft motion for review/discussion

  • To: "gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-igo-ingo] Latest revised draft motion for review/discussion
  • From: Mary Wong <mary.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 18:54:16 -0800

Dear WG members:

Please find attached (1) a clean version of the latest version of the draft
motion to be submitted to the GNSO Council; and (2) a redlined version of the
same, comparing this latest version with the one that was sent around and
discussed on the call earlier today (Thursday). I believe that we have captured
most, if not all, of the suggested edits that Chuck, Stephane and the RCRC
team, Jim and the IOC team, and Claudia and the INGO team, sent to us today,
with the following exceptions and modifications:

 *   There is now additional and alternative wording (highlighted in yellow and
square-bracketed) dealing with the possibility that those
recommendations/proposals that received Strong Support but Significant
Opposition (SSbSO) may yet be dealt with by the Council as Consensus
recommendations (per Chuck's note of yesterday). The WG may choose either one
of the two options currently shown on the motion, or leave the decision to the
GNSO Council.
 *   Chuck, Jim and Claudia – we have taken on board all of your suggested
edits and included them as much as we could while maintaining what we thought
was language consistency across the motion. Please check that we have
represented your suggestions and views accurately.
 *   Stephane – we have also taken on board and accordingly amended some of the
language of the motion, although not necessarily in the precise terms you may
have suggested. One reason for this is that we wished to maintain consistency
across all the Consensus recommendations, although we have inserted a reference
to the Minority Statements in the Resolved clauses, as requested (which as I
noted on the call earlier today is not usually done with GNSO Council motions).
Please check that the resulting language is acceptable to you and the RCRC.

Thanks to everyone for working through this fairly complicated and lengthy
motions, especially those who pointed out several areas where I was not as
accurate as I should have been. We look forward to discussing this and the
final Report with you all on the call on Friday.

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director