ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Final Report v1.5.1

• To: Berry Cobb <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] Final Report v1.5.1
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 22:49:25 -0500

Regarding the transfer of protected names to a new registrant, the bullet within section 3.7 current reads (after accepting current changes):

If a second-level name that matches a protected identifier, as identified via any consensus policies defined here becomes eligible where the last Registrant is not involved in any subsequent ownership change, the name shall not be eligible for registration or transfer and become immediately reserved. At the time the name completes eligible grace periods and becomes eligible for deletion, the name shall not be reallocated by the Registry and shall be deemed ineligible for registration per the defined policy.

I would suggest the following:

The previous point notwithstanding, if a second-level name that matches a protected identifier, as identified via any consensus policies defined here, may not be transferred to a new registrant after expiration under registration agreement terms which would otherwise allow a registrar to, on its own accord, auction, sell or otherwise effect a change of registrant. Such registrations, if not renewed by the Registrant at Expiration (as defined in the Expired Registration Recovery Policy) must be deleted by the registrar after the termination of any renewal grace periods.

Alan

At 07/11/2013 12:32 AM, Berry Cobb wrote:
WG Members,

Please find attached the latest version of the Final Report based on today’s WG discussions. We will review this version at tomorrow’s WG meeting scheduled for 14 UTC. We also have a session scheduled for Friday at the same time. A few notes to consider about the Final Report: · All suggested changes to the Final report shall be submitted to the list by 8 November 2013, 19:00 UTC. We must meet the 10 Nov 2013, 23:59 UTC deadline to submit the report and motion to the GNSO Council. · I only included the red-line Word version of the report. I also included a clean PDF version for your reference. If you have any suggested changes or edits to the Final Report, please make them in the Word document and submit to the mailing list. I will then import them into the master. · To meet the stated deadline above and per our discussion in the WG meeting today, the Minority Statements have been extracted from the Final Report and they will be submitted as supplement attachments to the Final Report. I included four attachments that represent the minority positions that were included in the draft version of the report. WG members have until 15 November 2013, 19:00 UTC to submit a revision or new minority statement for your respective group. · As mentioned, the Public Comment Review Tool and the Consensus Call documents will also be included as supplements to the Final Report so that readers of the report may easily reference feedback from the community and stakeholders. · The draft resolution statements document will be delivered to the mailing list via a separate email.

Thank you for everyone’s participation today, and speak to you tomorrow.

Thank you.  B

Berry Cobb
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers (ICANN)
<mailto:mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
@berrycobb

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy