ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-improvem-impl-sc]

Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] [council] Motion for SCI Proposed Modifications Relating to Elections and Motions

  • To: Angie Graves <angie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] [council] Motion for SCI Proposed Modifications Relating to Elections and Motions
  • From: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 16:49:58 +0200

Hi Angie,

It means exactly what it appears to. If the GNSO Council adopts this motion on
its September 1st meeting, then the SCI will officially cease to exist.

Please note that the decision to disband the SCI will not actually take place
on September 1st. The GNSO Council has already made this decision on its July
21st meeting, and will only effectively confirm that decision, or perhaps just
activate the next steps. This action is also directly associated with the GNSO
Council’s consideration of the motion to adopt the SCI’s recommendation on its
latest (and last) two projects, which are now complete. For reference, please
check the second resolved clause under the second motion here:
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Motions+21+July+2016.

The only scenario I can think of, where the SCI continues to operate for a
while is if the Council disagrees with something in the SCI’s recommendations,
votes against the motion, and sends us some more work to do. However, I find
this to be extremely unlikely.

So this is really just follow-up to last month’s decision. Please let me know
if you still have more questions.

Thanks.

Amr