ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

[gnso-iocrc-dt] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from International Olympic Committee and Red Cross Names

  • To: "gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-iocrc-dt] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from International Olympic Committee and Red Cross Names
  • From: Brian Peck <brian.peck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:08:40 -0800

Brian Peck:IOC/Red Cross Name Protection Drafting Team Meeting - 25 January,
2012
  Konstantinos Komaitis:hello everyone
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello!
  Thomas Rickert:Hello everyone!
  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello everyone, I'm on the phone too
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Yes, Brian YOU got the question right.  Jeff''s
follow-up was a little sideways
  Jeff Neuman:sorry...my bad
  Steve DelBianco (BC):not just a problem with "marks".   Even non-marks
could lead a revieweer to conclude confusing simiarity to an existing
string.
  Steve DelBianco (BC):4C. Same as Option 3, except that String Similarity
reviewers are allowed to consider letters of non-objetion from the owner of
the mark, IOC/Red Cross, or the operator of the existing TLD about which
there  might be confusing similaity.
  Steve DelBianco (BC):Jeff -- did the GAC request this Feb meeting?
  Konstantinos Komaitis:if the next call is for 2 hours, can we do it an
hour earlier for us in Europe?
  Steve DelBianco (BC):have we settled on the question of whether this is
implementation or policy?
  Thomas Rickert:thanks, jeff
  Steve DelBianco (BC):great work, Jeff.  Thanks
  Konstantinos Komaitis:thanks jeff - great work...!