ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

AW: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Summing up Option 7

  • To: Konstantinos Komaitis <k.komaitis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Joy Liddicoat <joy@xxxxxxx>, "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: AW: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Summing up Option 7
  • From: "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" <wolfgang.kleinwaechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:55:38 +0100

Jeff:

I don't know enough about this to know whether GAC members would welcome the
reference to WIPOs work especially where it seemingly could go against aspects
of their latest proposal.   Leaving the amorphous concept in our proposal,
especially when not baked into law in most global jurisdictions, seems to me to
be a controversial concept.  If I am wrong, please let me know.

Wolfgang:

WIPO is an observer in the GAC. Best thing is to involved them directly into
the discussion.