ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

[gnso-iocrc-dt] Chat Transcript from International Olympic Committee and Red Cross Names - 26 September 2012

  • To: "gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-iocrc-dt] Chat Transcript from International Olympic Committee and Red Cross Names - 26 September 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:20:19 -0700

  Berry Cobb:GNSO RCRC/IOC Drafting Team Meeting Agenda 26 September, 2012
  Kiran Malancharuvil:David Heasley is also on the call.  Thanks Nathalie!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Noted!
  Kiran Malancharuvil:what is the legal rationale for separating the two
organizations?
  Kiran Malancharuvil:agreed jeff
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Thomas Rickert has joined the call
  Thomas Rickert:I came in a few mins ago. sorry for being late and hello
everyone!
  Berry Cobb 2:October 9th is deadline for Council documents
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Osvaldo Novoa has joined the call
  Osvaldo Novoa:Sorry for the delay, I just arrived from other meeting
  Berry Cobb 2:Will it be GNSO Council, or the ICANN Board that ultimately
approves?
  Kiran Malancharuvil:why not take out "may be" and add the Council after
"pending"
  Kiran Malancharuvil:in the same way that we acknowledge that it's pending
Board approval
  Berry Cobb:The tone and confusion is my fault for #3.  So I welcome the right
language here.
  Berry Cobb:42 days  21 Comment, 21 Reply
  Berry Cobb:b. That a temporary registration block be placed on exact match
IOC/RCRC names pending the outcome of a PDP or ICANN Board resolution.
  Chuck Gomes:I like it
  Chuck Gomes:21 + 21 may be unavoidable but we need to do everything possible
to get a PDP moving quickly
  Chuck Gomes:If some steps can be done in parallel that would help
  Osvaldo Novoa:I think that the PDP can be started during the comment period.
  Chuck Gomes:I suggest Jeff raises the issue of speeding up the process before
Toronto
  Chuck Gomes:Thanks Jeff
  Chuck Gomes:Thanks Margie
  Jeff Neuman:i got dropped
  Jeff Neuman:dialing back in
  Jeff Neuman:i am back on
  Berry Cobb:Thx Jeff.  We moved on from pub comment.  will do it in parallel.
  Berry Cobb:now on Board Resolution.
  Jeff Neuman:what did i miss?
  Jeff Neuman:cool
  Kiran Malancharuvil:that is our understanding as well Chuck
  Berry Cobb:The only difference from what Chuck says is that the Board Motion
requested Reserved Names List, not temporary like we have now.
  Berry Cobb:In that case, Board resolution cancelled....at least that is my
guess
  Chuck Gomes:Stephane's hand is still up
  Thomas Rickert:I agree with Alan. Also, the board seems to be willing to
impose pressure on us to implement the solution currently debated
  Kiran Malancharuvil:TM Clearinghouse IMplementaiton Meeting
  Kiran Malancharuvil:and we would very much appreciate a change
  Chuck Gomes:Nice job Jeff and everyone
  Kiran Malancharuvil:Thank you everyone.