ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] The list of "temporarily reserved strings"

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] The list of "temporarily reserved strings"
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 11:49:55 -0500

I think what you will hear is that when the Board created the list, they did so
based on letters that they received from the IOC prior to the Singapore
meeting.  Although the IOC and RCRC indicated that the lists were illustrative
and were not the complete lists, ICANN limited the list to what had been
previously submitted.  Between the Singapore resolution and September 14th,
2011 (when the GAC released its proposal), the IOC and RCRC consulted with the
GAC to provide a more comprehensive list.  That more comprehensive list was not
incorporated into the Guidebook, but was in fact included in the GAC proposal.

Hope that helps explain the differences.

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Business Affairs