ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [SPAM] [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] ETRP

  • To: "Michael Collins" <mc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marika Konings" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [SPAM] [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] ETRP
  • From: "Diaz, Paul" <pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:47:20 -0400

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the thought and effort that went into your "Disputed ETRP"
proposal.  I'm still thinking through the details, but would appreciate
clarification on a few points:

*       In 5.2, you recommend allowing the party that wants to undo the
ETRP up to 14 days to file their petition.  Why so long?  This seems
inconsistent with all of the other timeframes associated with transfer
policies.

*       In 5.4.1, are you using the term "registrant" in a general
sense, or as defined by ICANN (aka Registered Name Holder)?  If the
former, then this could involve the Administrative Contact for the
domain?  If so, are we rehashing to the Registrant trumps AC dilemma?

*       In 5.9, you note that the TDRP allows a complainant up to 6
months to file their petition.  You go on to note that "it is not
reasonable" for a name to remain with the PTRr for this entire period
when the domain name is in dispute.  Setting aside for a moment using a
word like "reasonable," if the WG accepts your position do we also need
to recommend a change to the TDRP timeframe?

*       In 5.10, doesn't the Registry Operator determine the outcome of
a TDRP?  If so, that entity will know the outcome of the proceeding and
could unlock a contested domain name as appropriate.  Do we need any of
the text after the first sentence (i.e. just confirm that the Registry
Operator locks the name - at the Registry level - when the TDRP is
filed)?

*       In 5.11, why do you recommend a 30-day timeframe?  Wouldn't the
interests of a registrant (using the term in the general sense, as an
Admin Contact could prevail in a TDRP) be better served by a much
shorter timeframe?

Best regards, P