ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [SPAM] [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] ETRP

  • To: "'Marika Konings'" <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [SPAM] [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] ETRP
  • From: "Michael Collins" <mc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:47:30 -0400

Marika and the group:

I edited the document to add a "Disputed ETRP". I understand now why the
sub-group didn't want to tackle this issue. There were more issues to work
through than I first realized. I tried to accomplish what I thought we set
as a goal for ETRP when we first began discussing it. Create a means to
quickly return a domain to a pre-transfer state after a hijacking claim,
allowing a dispute (TDRP), if any, to be heard while the original registrant
has use of the domain name.

I added a new section (5) and made a couple changes to existing text to
require registrant notification and locking ETRP domains to provide time to
hear a dispute. I copied as much language as I could from what was already
written. Please consider it a starting point for including a dispute
process.

Best regards,

Michael Collins