ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Issue E

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Issue E
  • From: Michael Collins <mc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 10:54:59 -0600

To be clear. I do not suggest we ignore registrar initiated locks, only that they should be handled with different rules. Requiring a lock removal with 5 day notice may even conflict with other ICANN policy in some cases such as during fist 60 days of new registration.

Maybe the best way to do that is to consider them in issue D. Maybe issue D is too restrictive since it only deals with registrant changes. This leaves other causes for registrar initiated lock such as UDRP notice unaddressed.

Sent from my phone
Michael Collins