ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-b-jun09]

RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Comment on sub group discussion

  • To: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-b-jun09] Comment on sub group discussion
  • From: Oliver Hope <oliver.hope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 14:15:48 +0000

Therefore it raises the question should a best practice recommendation be
published? Personally I think no.

Most of the people who would use the recommendation would probably have been
doing most of the recommendations already, and as it's only best practice
guidelines it won't ensure compliance. Therefore we are simply providing the
"scumbags" with a the "howto" guide you mention.

I think this recommendation would bring more harm than good.

Oliver Hope
Finance & Operations Director
MeshDigital
+44(0)1483 304030