ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

RE: [gnso-irtpc] Proposed agenda - IRTP Part C Working Group Meeting

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtpc] Proposed agenda - IRTP Part C Working Group Meeting
  • From: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 09:27:57 -0700

Hi Mikey, Michele, Avri and IRTP-C Team:

 I'd also like to put my name forward as chair or co-chair of this
 iteration of IRTP PDP. In doing so, I have a single agenda item: To
 conclude this PDP and publish its Final Report by the ICANN General
 Meeting in Toronto, October 2012. This would include publication of an
 Interim Report no later than the June meeting in Prague, and a
 face-to-face workshop in Costa Rica.

 I believe this is an ambitious but achievable goal for a PDP like this,
 which has a clearly established charter and is populated by folks who
 have experience working together, plus some energetic newcomers. There
 are at least 2 additional IRTP PDPs "on deck" (IRTP-D and IRTP-E), so
we
 should keep this in mind and endeavor to finish the series as
 expediently as possible.

 In the macro sense, I believe a shorter PDP lifecycle (that still
 upholds community participation and quality policy recommendations)
will
 strengthen the GNSO and the multi-stakeholder model of ICANN. Many of
 us have heard the calls from other arenas that the PDP process is
broken
 or takes too long, and I think the IRTP series (C, D, and E) has an
 opportunity to validate this processes.

 Thanks--

 J.