ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 31 January 2012

  • To: "gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 31 January 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:21:35 -0800

Dear All,

The next IRTP C working group call will be held on Tuesday 7th February 2012 at
15:00 UTC

Please find the MP3 recording of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) C
working group call held  on Tuesday, 31 January 2012 @ 1500 UTC on page:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20120131-en.mp3
on page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar#jan

The transcript will be posted on the same page.

The contents of the AC chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Attendees:

James Bladel -co-chair
Avri Doria - co-chair
Mike O'Connor - CBUC
Barbara Knight - RySG
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Michele Neylon - RrSG
Rob Villeneuve - RrSG
Chris Chaplow - CBUC
Matt Serlin - RrSG
Roy Dykes - RySG
Rob Golding - RrSG

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Nathalie Peregrine

Apologies
Paul Diaz- RySG
Philip Corwin - CBUC
Bob Mountain - Registrar SG
Zahid Jamil - CBUC
Jonathan Tenenbaum - RrSG
Angie Graves - CBUC

IRTP C Members:
Erick Iriarte Ahon
Alain Berranger
Simonetta Batteiger
James M. Bladel
Chris Chaplow
Phil  Corwin
Paul Diaz
Avri Doria
Hago Dafalla
Adam Eisner
Kevin Erdman
Rob Golding
Volker Greimann
Oliver Hope
Zahid Jamil
Bob Mountain
Michele Neylon
Mike O'Connor
Matt Serlin
Jonathan Tenenbaum
Barbara Steele
Rob Villeneuve
Jacob Williams
Zeeshan shoki

Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/
Wiki Space: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Home

** Please let me know if your name has been left off the list ** Mailing list
archives http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtp-b-jun09/

Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine for

GNSO Secretariat
gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx

AC CHAT ROOM 31 January 2011:

  Marika Konings:IRTP Part C WG Meeting - 31 January 2012
  Michele Neylon:all spammers get this http://ow.ly/8MDQL
  Michele Neylon:link
  Bladel:Sorry to interrupt you in mid-rant. :)
  avri:at least i got to click on the 'i wnat this in kindle button'
  Chris Chaplow:is it good Michele? does it work?  I have seen videos of his
presentations
  Michele Neylon:Chris - anything he's written is worth reading
  Michele Neylon:are Neustar stalking me today?
  Michele Neylon:Just got off a call with one of them
  Michele Neylon:login here
  Michele Neylon:and there's one here too!
  Bladel:Reason for Denial #9: A domain name is within 60 days (or a lesser
period to be determined) after being transferred (apart from being transferred
back to the original Registrar in cases where both Registrars so agree and/or
where a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs). "Transferred"
shall only mean that an inter-registrar transfer has occurred in accordance
with the procedures of this policy.
  Marika Konings:New reason for denial #6 [which is in the process of being
implemented]: Express objection to the transfer by the authorized Transfer
Contact. Objection could take the form of specific request (either by paper or
electronic means) by the authorized Transfer Contact to deny a particular
transfer request, or a general objection to all transfer requests received by
the Registrar, either temporarily or indefinitely. In all cases, the objection
must be provided with the express and informed consent of the authorized
Transfer Contact on an opt-in basis and upon request by the authorized Transfer
Contact, the Registrar must remove the lock or provide a reasonably accessible
method for the authorized Transfer Contact to remove the lock within five (5)
calendar days.
  Barbara - RySG:Michele pretty much summed up my additional comments.
  Michele Neylon:scary :)
  Marika Konings:Has already been approved by the Board
  Marika Konings:Staff is in the process of implementing the different
recommendations that were adopted resulting from IRTP Part B
  Mikey O'Connor:eeeeeyouuuu...
  Mikey O'Connor:that's a new nasty for me
  Bladel:But you should've given your permission at some point...
  Rob Golding (othello):back to the registrar-id shoudl be the IANA referemce
  Rob Golding (othello):have had exactly the same issue as Michele
  Michele Neylon:not surprising :)
  Rob Golding (othello):woudl make it easier to track who is being *scammed* by
the latest batch of fake renewal notices from DroA/E etc
  Marika Konings:See also comment 13 in relation to this issue
  Barbara - RySG:Thanks Michele.  I was going to just add that perhaps Roy can
provide some perspective
  Marika Konings:In comment 13, further information is provided as to why
certain registries use proprietary IDs
  Rob Golding (othello):yes, *contains* the IANA id - so we become say 1471-OL
for .jnof instead of  5182-OL :)
  Rob Golding (othello):.info even
  Mat Serlin:aren't we really just talking about what displays in Whois?
  Michele Neylon:Mat - it's used in other places
  Mat Serlin:registries and registrars can still use other numbers for their in
their communications
  Bladel:@Matt I don't know....I think its more extensive than that...
  Mat Serlin:right but the whois is really what's visible