ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 03 April 2012

  • To: "gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 03 April 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 12:20:19 -0700

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) C
working group call held on Tuesday, 03 April 2012 @ 1500 UTC on page:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20120403-en.mp3

on page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar#mar

The transcript will be posted on the same page.

The contents of the AC chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Attendees:
Mike O'Connor - CBUC
Philip Corwin - CBUC
Simonetta Batteiger - RrSG
James Bladel -co-chair
Avri Doria - co-chair
Matt Serlin - RrSG
Michele Neylon - RrSG
Bob Mountain - Rr SG
Angie Graves - CBUC
Barbara Knight - RySG
Rob Golding - RrSG
Chris Chaplow - CBUC
Alain Berranger - NPOC
Hago Dafalla - NCSG

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Glen de St Géry
Nathalie Peregrine

Apologies
Paul Diaz RrSg

IRTP C Members:
Alain Berranger
Simonetta Batteiger
James M. Bladel
Chris Chaplow
Phil Corwin
Paul Diaz
Roy Dykes
Avri Doria
Hago Dafalla
Kevin Erdman
Rob Golding
Volker Greimann
Oliver Hope
Zahid Jamil
Bob Mountain
Michele Neylon
Mike O'Connor
Matt Serlin
Jonathan Tenenbaum
Barbara Knight
Rob Villeneuve
Jacob Williams

Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/
Wiki Space: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Home

Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine for

GNSO Secretariat
gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>

AC Chat Room:

Marika Konings:IRTP Part C WG Meeting - 3 April 2012

  Michele Neylon:Can I claim ti be a communist?

  Michele Neylon:or would that upset James?

  Michele Neylon:/me ducks

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Chris Chaplow has joined the call

  Marika Konings:The link to the survey is also included in the agenda

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Alain Berranger has joined the audio bridge

  Marika Konings:http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22F7PXP7S8R/Preview/Draft/

  Simonetta Batteiger:I'm sorry

  Simonetta Batteiger:got held up in another meeting

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Barbara Knight has joined the call

  Barbara Knight-RySG:My apology for being late.  The time change has thrown me
of.

  Barbara Knight-RySG:off, that is.  :-)

  Mikey O'Connor:we're thinking about converting to all-UTC times for calls in
the DSSA -- maybe here too?

  Alain Berranger, NPOC:all-UTC times works well for NPOC

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Avri Doria has joined the call

  Bladel:Agree about all-UTC.  Aren't we already doing this?

  Michele Neylon:What do you mean by "all UTC"?

  Michele Neylon:Most of the invits I get reference multiple timezones

  Mikey O'Connor:no - we change time for daylight savings in the US -- the plan
in DSSA is to stay on the same UTC time and let people cope with daylight
savings in their own country.  that's the way the ccNSO does it.

  Bladel:Ah...you mean UTC "fixed"

  Mikey O'Connor:yep

  Bladel:Well the folks in Arizona would agree. :)

  Barbara Knight-RySG:I actually had set it up as UTC and it showed up on my
calendar at 11 am US East Coast Time - hence my late arrival as I thought it
best to double check the time.

  Alain Berranger, NPOC:http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

  Bladel:Remind us about the time change issue again in the fall.

  Marika Konings:I think to date we have 'moved' the UTC time following
daylight saving changes to keep the meeting at the 'usual' time for most of the
participants.

  Marika Konings:Recognizing that some countries do not take part in day-light
savings or change at different moments in time.

  Alain Berranger, NPOC:to Marika - see small edit suggestion on private chat

  Marika Konings:Thanks, Alain, noted.

  Simonetta Batteiger:great question Mikey!

  Rob Golding (othello):Sin't "ordering" a transfer and then providing the EPP
code etc explicit FOA to transfer the domain ?

  avri:from AGB: "As documented in the registry agreement, registries
mustprovide support for EPP within their Shared RegistrationSystem,"

  Marika Konings:As Avri posted, EPP is required for new gTLDs

  Bladel:Thanks Avri. I thought I remembered seeing that...

  Barbara Knight-RySG:Hi Mikey.  the last comment should be registrars and
registries had not yet implemented epp

  Rob Golding (othello):thanks james

  Mikey O'Connor:gotcha Barbara