RE: [gnso-irtpc] questions for the IANA-number question
- To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, IRTPC Working Group <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [gnso-irtpc] questions for the IANA-number question
- From: "Sedo :: Simonetta Batteiger" <simonetta@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:03:16 +0000
Marika/James: I don't recall us actually reviewing that Issue Report on the
IANA item, did we? That might be a good item to put back on the agenda for one
of the coming calls...
From: owner-gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Mike O'Connor
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:51 PM
To: IRTPC Working Group
Subject: [gnso-irtpc] questions for the IANA-number question
here's that list questions we asked long ago
Understand why we're looking at this question -- what problems are we trying to
* + - Review Issue Report
o Some issues were raised a long time ago -- are these questions still
valid, given other measures that have been taken in the intervening time
* Identify justification, benefits and costs and how we demonstrate them
* + - Identify impacts/harms to registrars in addition to registries
* Are there material effects that result?
* Do those expand to registrants
* "Why are we doing this?"
* Identify streamlining/scaleability facets of the process
* Explore security questions/issues
* Look for reasons why not to do this -- include in the instructions for
* Why aren't they being used, level of effort required to change.
- - - - - - - - -
handle OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook, Google,