ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 24 April 2012

  • To: "gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 24 April 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:34:54 -0700

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) C
working group call held on Tuesday, 24 April 2012 @ 1400 UTC on page:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20120424-en.mp3

on page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar#apr

The transcript will be posted on the same page.

The contents of the AC chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Attendees:
Mike O'Connor - CBUC
Philip Corwin - CBUC
James Bladel -co-chair
Bob Mountain - Rr SG
Hago Dafalla - NCSG
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Chris Chaplow - CBUC
Roy Dykes - RySG
Simonetta Batteiger - RrSG
Jonathan Tenenbaum - RrSG
Angie Graves - CBUC
Matt Serlin - RrSG
Barbara Knight - RrSG
Rob Golding - RrSG

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Glen de St Géry
Nathalie Peregrine

Apologies
Paul Diaz - RrSg
Michele Neylon - RrSG

IRTP C Members:
Alain Berranger
Simonetta Batteiger
James M. Bladel
Chris Chaplow
Phil Corwin
Paul Diaz
Roy Dykes
Avri Doria
Hago Dafalla
Kevin Erdman
Rob Golding
Volker Greimann
Oliver Hope
Zahid Jamil
Bob Mountain
Michele Neylon
Mike O'Connor
Matt Serlin
Jonathan Tenenbaum
Barbara Knight
Rob Villeneuve
Jacob Williams

Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/
Wiki Space: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Home

Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine for

GNSO Secretariat
gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>

AC Chat Room: 24th April 2012

Marika Konings:IRTP Part C WG Meeting - 24 April 2012

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jonathan Tenenbaum has joined the AC room

  Nathalie  Peregrine:and the audio.

  Rob Golding (othello):Just a note - I had opportunity to acquire a domain via
Sedo last week - slow (but not unacceptably so, just took a few days between
steps) and the change of registrar went very smoothly, and once it had been
moved, I did the change-of-control

  Simonetta Batteiger:I think we don't need to discuss this much here, but we
should decide how we will get input on this item from the right people

  Rob Golding (othello):That was a .com.Previous domain acquistions (in .uk)
had gone through the Nominet process (which has a small cost - £10+vat) and you
get redirected to the Nominet registrants Online system to handle the change of
control (contractual reasons)

  Mikey O'Connor:mute you mic on your computer

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Operator is looking into the echo

  Mikey O'Connor:it's sounding like somebody coming in through Adobe rather
than the phone bridge

  Marika Konings:Apparently it is Simonetta's line, but it sounds fine now.

  Simonetta Batteiger:might be better if I stay on mute... ;-)

  Simonetta Batteiger:I like previous and new

  Rob Golding (othello):previous and changed

  Barbara Knight - RySG:i am fine with previous and new registrant

  Simonetta Batteiger:change of registrant I think is easier to grasp

  Bob Mountain:I like change of Registrant, very specific.

  Barbara Knight - RySG:i agree - change of registrant

  Rob Golding (othello):agree - chaneg of registrant (or registered name holder
which we've used before)

  Hago Dafalla:i agree change of registrant

  Simonetta Batteiger:should we define those fields we want to have considered?

  Simonetta Batteiger:like registrant name

  Bob Mountain:Mikey always finds the flaw in the argument

  Rob Golding (othello):change of registrant *details*

  Simonetta Batteiger:how about the registrant email address?

  Simonetta Batteiger:that's the one that technically also usually is the
method to authorize other changes....

  Marika Konings:The term could also be further defined in the policy / rules.
It doesn't all need to be in the title.

  Simonetta Batteiger:please do

  Simonetta Batteiger:at least for item #1

  Rob Golding (othello):thanks bob

  Simonetta Batteiger:excellent point mikey on also including the background in
a better way

  Mikey O'Connor:Understand why we're looking at this question -- what problems
are we trying to solve    Review Issue Report        Some issues were raised a
long time ago -- are these questions still valid, given other measures that
have been taken in the intervening time    Identify justification, benefits and
costs and how we demonstrate them    Identify impacts/harms to registrars in
addition to registries        Are there material effects that result?        Do
those expand to registrants        "Why are we doing this?"        Identify
streamlining/scaleability facets of the process    Explore security
questions/issues    Look for reasons why not to do this -- include in the
instructions for stakeholder feedback    Why aren't they being used, level of
effort required to change.

  Simonetta Batteiger:I thought we had said we want to try and get on the RrSG
meeting agenda...

  Bladel:Yes!

  Simonetta Batteiger:and maybe with the IANA topic on the RySG agenda?

  Marika Konings:@Simonetta - that doesn't require requesting a meeting space,
that would just be a request to the RrSG

  Marika Konings:or RySG

  Simonetta Batteiger:ah, I see

  Hago Dafalla:my line was disconnect

  Simonetta Batteiger:if we can get on their agendas on Tuesday we can
personally invite to a Wednesday workshop as well, right?

  Marika Konings:@Hago - we'll call out to you again

  Mikey O'Connor:we could develop some talking points for the constituency
pitches

  Simonetta Batteiger:we should develop the pitch together - mainly also laying
out the open items we need input for at that point in time

  Barbara Knight - RySG:I am happy to raise it at the RySG meeting tomorrow

  Mikey O'Connor:Marika rules the schedule

  Marika Konings:I wish!