ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 01 May 2012

  • To: "gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 01 May 2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 01:53:11 -0700

 Dear All,
Please find the MP3 recording of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) C
working group call held on Tuesday, 01 May 2012 @ 1400 UTC on page:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20120501-en.mp3<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20120417-en.mp3>
on page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#may

The transcript will be posted on the same page.
 The contents of the AC chat can be found at the bottom of this email.
Attendees:
Mike O'Connor - CBUC
Philip Corwin - CBUC
Michele Neylon - RrSG
Bob Mountain - Rr SG
Hago Dafalla - NCSG
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Chris Chaplow - CBUC
Avri Doria - co-chair
Paul Diaz - RrSg
Angie Graves - CBUC
Matt Serlin - RrSG
Barbara Knight - RySG
Rob Golding - RrSG
ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Gisella Gruber
Apologies
James Bladel -co-chair
Jonathan Tenenbaum - RrSG
Roy Dykes - RySG
Simonetta Batteiger - RrSG
Zahid Jamil - CBUC

IRTP C Members:
Alain Berranger
Simonetta Batteiger
James M. Bladel
Chris Chaplow
Phil Corwin
Paul Diaz
Roy Dykes
Avri Doria
Hago Dafalla
Kevin Erdman
Rob Golding
Volker Greimann
Oliver Hope
Zahid Jamil
Bob Mountain
Michele Neylon
Mike O'Connor
Matt Serlin
Jonathan Tenenbaum
Barbara Knight
Rob Villeneuve
Jacob Williams

Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/
Wiki Space: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Home

Kind regards,
Gisella Gruber

On behalf of GNSO Secretariat
gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso-secs@xxxxxxxxx>

AC Chat Room: 01 May 2012
  Gisella Gruber-White:Angie Graves joined the call
  Mikey O'Connor:i didn't answer 'cause i am on the subteam...
  Hago Dafallo:low voice
  Barbara - RySG:I also agree with Paul given that the relationship is between
the registrar and registrant.
  Paul Diaz:@Avri, great point re: "community-based" registries and their role
in helping determine registration rights.  For most gTLDs, though, the ROs are
not in a position to help.
  Chris Chaplow:In IRTP-B we used Gaining registrar and registrar of record. we
cleaned out all 'loosing registrars'
  Marika Konings:Rob Golding has joined the call
  Hago Dafallo:my line was connect but I did not hear
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Hago - do you hear us?
  Hago Dafallo:my line was connect but I did not hear any thing. please
disconnect me and try to call again
  Gisella Gruber-White:@ Hago - we will do this now
  Hago Dafallo:no
  Rob Golding (othello):i agree with Michele - change of registered name holder
should be entirely separate to change of registrar
  Rob Golding (othello):as i understand the current policies, all contact
changes are logged for audit, so you MUST take the existing whois details at
transfer and keep them.
  Rob Golding (othello):I do think there should be formal update of control
policy
  Hago Dafallo:I agree with Rob
  Rob Golding (othello):irtp cannot be used fir change of registrant - they're
different actions at the registries.
  Mikey O'Connor:right
  Mikey O'Connor:we still get to go ahead and figure stuff out
  Mikey O'Connor:but now we've got a big change in requirements
  Mikey O'Connor:we can rebend the pipes and come back with a revised version
  Bob Mountain::)
  Michele Neylon:http://paste.ie/198
  Marika Konings:From the GNSO WG Guidelines: Based upon the WG's needs, the
Chair may direct that WG participants do not have to have their name explicitly
associated with any Full Consensus or Consensus view/position. However, in all
other cases, and in those cases where a group member represents the minority
viewpoint, their name must be explicitly linked, especially in those cases
where polls where taken.
  Paul Diaz:@Michele, binary is bad.  Using IANA numbers makes sense, but
asking many registries to recode their systems to purge proprietary numbers is
unreasonable.  The WG can have it both ways
  Mikey O'Connor:that one changes with the change of registrant idea
  Mikey O'Connor:if FOA and AuthInfo aren't overloaded with change of
registrant, the time-limits are a different issue