ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpc]

[gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 28 August 2012

  • To: "gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpc] Mp3 / IRTP C PDP / 28 August 2012
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 09:15:40 -0700

Dear all,

The next IRTP C meeting is scheduled on the Tuesday 4th September 2012 @ 1400
UTC

Please find the MP3 recording of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) C
working group call held on Tuesday 28 August 2012 @ 1400 UTC

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-c-20120828-en.mp3

on page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar#aug

The transcript will be posted on the same page.

The contents of the AC chat can be found at the bottom of this email.

Attendees:
James Bladel -RrSG co-chair
Michele Neylon - RrSG
Roy Dykes - RySG
Avri Doria - NCSG co-Chair
Angie Graves - CBUC
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Chris Chaplow - CBUC
Bob Mountain - RrSG
Barbara Knight - RySG
Phil Corwin - CBUC
Mike O'Connor - ISPCP
Rob Golding - RrSG

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Berry Cobb
Glen de Saint Géry

Apologies
Simonetta Batteiger - RrSG
Paul Diaz - RrSg
Oliver Hope - RrSG
Hago Dafalla - NCUC - Operator called and no response

IRTP C Members:
Alain Berranger
Simonetta Batteiger
James M. Bladel
Chris Chaplow
Phil Corwin
Paul Diaz
Roy Dykes
Avri Doria
Hago Dafalla
Kevin Erdman
Rob Golding
Volker Greimann
Oliver Hope
Zahid Jamil
Bob Mountain
Michele Neylon
Mike O'Connor
Matt Serlin
Jonathan Tenenbaum
Barbara Knight
Rob Villeneuve
Jacob Williams
Angie Graves

Archives: http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpc/
Wiki Space: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoirtppdpwg/Home

Kind regards,

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://gnso.icann.org

Adobe Chat Room Transcript - 28 August 2012
 Marika Konings: IRTP Part C WG Meeting - 28 August 2012

Bladel: I'm back.

Marika Konings: Me too :-)

Barbara Knight-RySG: Welcome Back Marika!!

Berry Cobb: My pleasure!

Bladel: :)

Michele Neylon: which is why I use a mute button on my phone :)

avri: this phone beeps at me when i do

Bob Mountain: I confess

Bladel: I suspected.  You or Berry or Michele. :)

Bob Mountain: He went with low bidder

Berry Cobb: I never got the RFP  :-(

Rob Golding (OTHELLO): rathole is how we describe colo in ghetto areas - i
think mikey means rabbithole (as in Alice in Wonderland) :)

Bob Mountain: I've used rathole as a discussion path from which you rarely
emerge unscathed

Chris Chaplow: apologies for late joining call

Michele Neylon: rathole / rabbithole - they're both nasty :)

Rob Golding (OTHELLO): more meat on a rabbit - having eaten both

Bob Mountain: Mikey did all the work, I was just a sounding board

Mikey O'Connor: Bob is understating his role.  typical

Chris Chaplow: Work of art - content and presentation

Marika Konings: But wouldn't current registrant already be able to prevent any
changes by the 'crook' by declining the registrant change authorization request?

Bob Mountain: I thinkn assumption is that the bad guy has jacked the account,
potentially by hacking the registrant's email so current registrant might now
know the domain was moved.

Marika Konings: but is registrant account is hijacked, presumably the bad guy
would just authorize any request, inlc. waiver?

Bob Mountain: Unless security requirement to waive safeguard is a different
path than email.  2nd level security feature.

Marika Konings: OK, that makes sense.

Bob Mountain: Extra layer but we need collectively to think it through and make
sure the extra work really adds security, orherwise we inconvenience the good
guys and add no real protection against bad guys.

Bob Mountain: Except Michele  ;)

Michele Neylon: which category am I in?

avri: Michele: perhaps beyond the categories of good and bad?

Mikey O'Connor: Bob and I are going to meet right after the call is over --
anybody want to join us?

Michele Neylon: Avri - quite possible

Barbara Knight-RySG: I have a hard stop today Mikey but please do include me on
future meetings

Michele Neylon: I have to go

Michele Neylon: I haz interviews and stuff to do

avri: i have another meeting to call into. dropping off.

Marika Konings: Thanks :-)

Bladel: Thanks