ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

[gnso-irtpd] MP3 IRTP Part D Working Group - Monday 29 April 2013 at 15:00 UTC

  • To: "gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-irtpd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-irtpd] MP3 IRTP Part D Working Group - Monday 29 April 2013 at 15:00 UTC
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:16:15 -0700

Dear All,

The next Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Working Group
teleconference will be held on Monday 06th May 2013.

Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on
Monday 29 April 2013 at 16:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20130429-en.mp3

On page:  http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#apr

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
James Bladel - RrSG
Kristine Dorrain - NAF
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Barbara Knight - RySG
Bob Mountain - RySG
Mikey O'Connor - ISPCP
Holly Raiche - ALAC
Paul Diaz - RySG
Jill Titzer - RrSG
Graeme Bunton - RrSG
Bartlett Morgan - NCUC
Avri Doria - NCSG
Chris Chaplow - CBUC

Apologies: Simonetta Batteiger - RrSG

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Berry Cobb
Lars Hoffman
Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Monday 29 April 2013:

   Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the IRTP Part D Working Group meeting, Monday

  Mike O'Connor:i resent those references to open water

  Bladel:flood?

  Mike O'Connor:snow in the forecast tomorrow

  Bladel:ick.

  Bladel:Your snow becomes our flood a week later.

  Mike O'Connor:yep.  our little gift to you

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Avri Doria has joined the call

  Kristine Dorrain:Not every TDRP is because a domain name was transferred in
error.  You can also file them if you tried to transfer your domain name and it
didn't happen.

  Mike O'Connor:very faint

  Mike O'Connor:not much

  Mike O'Connor:nothing...

  Bartlett Morgan 2:not hearing very well either

  Mike O'Connor:still faint

  Mike O'Connor:much

  Bartlett Morgan 2:yes

  Kristine Dorrain:from the TDRP: 3.3.4 If the data provided by neither
Registrar appears to be conclusive, then the Registry shall issue a finding of
"no decision." If the data provided to the Registry is complete and provides
sufficient basis for a determination based on the Policy, the Registry may not
issue a finding of "no decision." Either Registrar shall be able to appeal such
issue to a Second-Level Dispute Resolution Provider in accordance with the
provisions set forth below.

  Bladel:If we can put you on the spot like that. :)

  Mike O'Connor:is this Registry data, or DR provider data?  Presuming
Registry.  right?

  Barbara Knight-RySG:Mikey, I believe that the data that is being shared is
from the registry reporting

  Mike O'Connor:thanks Barbara

  Marika Konings:Yes, that is correct, what is on the screen is taken from the
registry reports that are filed with ICANN (see
https://www.icann.org/en/resources/registries/reports)

  Mike O'Connor:how hard would it be to go back and thumb through those 150
cases?  could the WG help?

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Chris Chaplow has joined the call

  Chris Chaplow:apologie for late join

  Barbara Knight-RySG:I need to step away for a moment.  I will let you know
when I am back.

  Mike O'Connor:Registrar-mediated xfer dispute

  Graeme Bunton:I'll see what I can get

  Barbara Knight-RySG:I am back

  Barbara Knight-RySG:Thanks Mikey.

  Bladel:Q:  If the TDRP results in a "no-decision", must it go to 2nd level
TDRP, or could it result in a UDRP?  If so, is there any way to track that?

  Barbara Knight-RySG:Q of the Second Level TRDP providers - Of those cases
that they have received, have they received documentation from both parties to
the dispute?

  Kristine Dorrain:James, we have people try, the registrant has to establish
TM rights to file a UDRP...this is something most registrants can't do...

  Mike O'Connor:Note James' good example of question-asking in chat

  Kristine Dorrain:Q: How many of the TDRP cases (first or second level) are
due to an improper transfer and how many were because a transfer request was
"nacked"?

  Barbara Knight-RySG:Q:  How many of the disputes have been appealed to the
second level providers.

  Kristine Dorrain:Q:  for the Registrar mediated xfrs (this would not be for
Barbara!)...are they more likely to be an improper transfer or an improper
denial of transfer?

  Avri Doria:I also requested on NCSG and NCUC and not sure anyone's passions
have been stirred yet.

  Mike O'Connor:i'll bet we've got the author of the BC response on this call.
:-)

  Mike O'Connor:Lars could you give us control of scrolling?

  Mike O'Connor:thanks

  Lars Hoffmann:done - sorry about that.

  Avri Doria:i recomend you include the council liaison in the conversation.

  Avri Doria:who is the council  laision?

  Lars Hoffmann:yes, it is volker

  Lars Hoffmann:mikey - i can sen you the chat.