ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-lockdomainname-dt]

[gnso-lockdomainname-dt] RE: Charter Drafting Team: Latest Revisions

  • To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-lockdomainname-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-lockdomainname-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-lockdomainname-dt] RE: Charter Drafting Team: Latest Revisions
  • From: Victoria McEvedy <victoria@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 11:02:47 +0000

I would note that the following amendment is controversial in my opinion.

5.  Regarding the role of a privacy service provider within the domain-locking
process, which party will be locked-in as registrant. The privacy service
provider or the actual registrant masked by the proxy service?

Much work has been done in this context about WHOIS.

Do we have any expertise on this DT who can point us to material on this topic
-or perhaps staff may be able to cross reference so that we can have an
informed discussion on the framing of this item?

The following also touches on these issues and the language may need refinement:

1.  The creation, maintenance and publication by ICANN of public e-mail contact
information for all registrars for use with UDRP-related domain lock queries.

Is it the registrars' own contact details that are referred to here? If not, we
are again into WHOIS issues.

Thanks and best,

Victoria McEvedy

McEvedys Solicitors and Attorneys Ltd.

cid:669FC637-760A-4D2F-B56E-2C180C1870CC

T:    +44 (0) 207 243 6122

F:    +44 (0) 207 022 1721

M:   +44 (0) 7990 625 169

www.mcevedys.com

Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, SRA No.
564276. VAT No. 122 3590 43.

Company No. 7786363, Registered Office: 81 Oxford Street, London W1D 2EU.

This email and its attachments are confidential and intended for the exclusive
use of the addressee(s).  This email and its attachments may also be legally
privileged. If you have received this in error, please let us know by reply
immediately and destroy the email and its attachments without reading, copying
or forwarding the contents.

This email does not create a solicitor-client relationship and no retainer is
created by this email communication.