ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ccc]

[gnso-osc-ccc] Recommendations CCT Team: Appendix A

  • To: "'Julie Hedlund'" <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Holsten, Steve'" <sholsten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Mason Cole'" <masonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-ccc] Recommendations CCT Team: Appendix A
  • From: "Chris Chaplow" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 06:08:24 +0100

Dear Steve and Mason,

Thanks for a productive meeting. I was listening but unable contribute
verbally.

Steve rightly questioned my comment in the draft document under Appendix A
list of team members .

?List of call attendance as in the IRTP-A recommend document.?

The document I was referring to was IRTP-A which I came across from my work
on IRTP-B

http://gnso.icann.org/files/gnso/issues/transfers/irtp-final-report-a-19mar0
9.pdf

where Annex C is a working group attendance sheet.

I assumed the CCT would do the  same.

This is my rationale.

The CCT team has ten members and we have had 18 calls since March.

Three members have attended most (ie 13 or more) calls

Two members have attended some (ie 4 or 5) calls

Four member have attended few  (ie none, 1 or 2) calls.

A nominal ten person CCT team was reduced to an effective four person team.

This must had negative effect on our output.

It seems to me that one of the problems with OSC and PPSC work teams is that
volunteers were stepping forward onto  teams and then not being very
committed.   This can not be good for ICANN.

I have no idea whether this ?problem? is being considered  anywhere but in
the mean time it would seem logical and transparent to publish volunteer
attendances in the hope that it will help encourage only ?committed
volunteers? to step forward on future teams.

With best regards,

 Chris Chaplow
Managing Director
Andalucía.com S.L.
Avenida del Carmen 9
Ed. Puertosol, Puerto Deportivo
1ª Planta, Oficina 30
Estepona, 29680
Malaga, Spain
Tel: + (34) 952 897 865
Fax: + (34) 952 897 874
E-mail:  <mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  <http://www.andalucia.com/> www.andalucia.com
Information about Andalucia, Spain.

Please think of the Environment before you print this email