ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Qualifications for Chair & Vice Chair

  • To: "Papac, Krista" <Krista.Papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Qualifications for Chair & Vice Chair
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:39:00 -0400

Thanks Krista.  Very helpful.

Chuck

________________________________

        From: owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Papac, Krista
        Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 4:23 PM
        To: gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx

        Hi All,

        Thanks everyone for being patient while I was away from the office.  We
definitely have a group of very talented and qualified candidates.  Below is a
review of my background and qualifications for Chair.

        Background and qualifications:

        For the past eight years I've been involved in the domain name
community working for registrars as a strategic consultant to their corporate
clients.  My client base includes a diverse group of industries and ranges in
size from small Internet start-ups to enterprises as large as the top of the
Fortune 500. I have worked with registrars of various sizes as well, including
VeriSign (when it owned a registrar), Net Searchers, Mark Monitor and, now,
Iron Mountain.

        My primary role has been in business development and sales, positions
that require effective communications and development of collaborative
relationships with partners, clients, internal support functions and executive
management.

        In addition to that role, I've been responsible for project management
and operational leadership for a number of functions.  These include:

        §         Managing large (11,000+) ccTLD registration efforts for the
protection of client brands and intellectual property.  I supervised a team
comprised of client services, operations, IT, sales, management, and finance.

        §         Managing an RFP response team for Iron Mountain's interest in
ICANN's Registrar Data Escrow (RDE) program.  This team included sales,
enterprise operations, client services, IT, engineering, legal, finance,
product management, executive management, and corporate communications.

        §         Supervised a comprehensive program of RDE adoption for 900+
registrars around the globe.  This involved education of RDE requirements and
options, executing and processing individual contracts for each registrar, and
managing the on-boarding process.  This team included inside sales, enterprise
operations, client services, finance, marketing, and corporate communications.

        §         Led a team that negotiated and designed RDE Audit product - a
complex tool which compares random samples of escrowed whois data to online
whois records.  This team was comprised of sales, enterprise operations, client
services, IT, engineering, legal, finance, product management, executive
management, and marketing.

        §         Separate from the industry, I also led a team of MBA
volunteer students on a consulting project, handling a market feasibility study
for a non-profit

        §         Finally, I am Co-Chair of the University of Southern
California "Executive of the Future" program

        Additional operational experience before joining the domain name
industry includes:

        §         Insurance underwriting and personal asset protection

        §         Financial Controller and General Manager at an infrastructure
contracting company

        §         Payroll and Financial Account Management

        §         And most important - a baby photographer

        My core skills include organization, project management, relationship
building, understanding the big picture and how to move things forward,
negotiation, and resource acquisition.  I believe these skills would compliment
and serve the group's efforts.

        Thank you for the opportunity to provide this statement.  I hope it's
been useful in evaluating my qualifications, and I'm looking forward to working
with the team.

        Kind regards,

        Krista

        Krista Papac
        Sales Executive
        Iron Mountain Digital
        5530 Bandini Blvd
        Bell, CA  90201  US
        Home Office: +001.714.846.8780
        Mobile: +001.646.379.4689
        Fax: +001.323.443.3573
        krista.papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:krista.papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        Visit the new www.ironmountain.com <http://www.ironmountain.com/>
        Tour Iron Mountain
<http://www.ironmountain.com/US/services/tours/corporate.asp>

        © 2008 Iron Mountain Incorporated. All rights reserved. Iron Mountain
and the design of the mountain are registered trademarks of Iron Mountain
Incorporated.

        Iron Mountain Privacy Policy:
http://www.ironmountain.com/legal/privacy.asp  Iron Mountain, 745 Atlantic
Avenue, Boston, MA, 02111 www.ironmountain.com <http://www.ironmountain.com/>