ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Qualifications for Chair & Vice Chair

  • To: <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Qualifications for Chair & Vice Chair
  • From: "Papac, Krista" <Krista.Papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:22:47 -0400

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for being patient while I was away from the office.  We
definitely have a group of very talented and qualified candidates.  Below is a
review of my background and qualifications for Chair.

Background and qualifications:

For the past eight years I've been involved in the domain name community
working for registrars as a strategic consultant to their corporate clients.
My client base includes a diverse group of industries and ranges in size from
small Internet start-ups to enterprises as large as the top of the Fortune 500.
I have worked with registrars of various sizes as well, including VeriSign
(when it owned a registrar), Net Searchers, Mark Monitor and, now, Iron
Mountain.

My primary role has been in business development and sales, positions that
require effective communications and development of collaborative relationships
with partners, clients, internal support functions and executive management.

In addition to that role, I've been responsible for project management and
operational leadership for a number of functions.  These include:

§         Managing large (11,000+) ccTLD registration efforts for the
protection of client brands and intellectual property.  I supervised a team
comprised of client services, operations, IT, sales, management, and finance.

§         Managing an RFP response team for Iron Mountain's interest in ICANN's
Registrar Data Escrow (RDE) program.  This team included sales, enterprise
operations, client services, IT, engineering, legal, finance, product
management, executive management, and corporate communications.

§         Supervised a comprehensive program of RDE adoption for 900+
registrars around the globe.  This involved education of RDE requirements and
options, executing and processing individual contracts for each registrar, and
managing the on-boarding process.  This team included inside sales, enterprise
operations, client services, finance, marketing, and corporate communications.

§         Led a team that negotiated and designed RDE Audit product - a complex
tool which compares random samples of escrowed whois data to online whois
records.  This team was comprised of sales, enterprise operations, client
services, IT, engineering, legal, finance, product management, executive
management, and marketing.

§         Separate from the industry, I also led a team of MBA volunteer
students on a consulting project, handling a market feasibility study for a
non-profit

§         Finally, I am Co-Chair of the University of Southern California
"Executive of the Future" program

Additional operational experience before joining the domain name industry
includes:

§         Insurance underwriting and personal asset protection

§         Financial Controller and General Manager at an infrastructure
contracting company

§         Payroll and Financial Account Management

§         And most important - a baby photographer

My core skills include organization, project management, relationship building,
understanding the big picture and how to move things forward, negotiation, and
resource acquisition.  I believe these skills would compliment and serve the
group's efforts.

Thank you for the opportunity to provide this statement.  I hope it's been
useful in evaluating my qualifications, and I'm looking forward to working with
the team.

Kind regards,

Krista

Krista Papac
Sales Executive
Iron Mountain Digital
5530 Bandini Blvd
Bell, CA  90201  US
Home Office: +001.714.846.8780
Mobile: +001.646.379.4689
Fax: +001.323.443.3573
krista.papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:krista.papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Visit the new www.ironmountain.com <http://www.ironmountain.com/>
Tour Iron Mountain
<http://www.ironmountain.com/US/services/tours/corporate.asp>

© 2008 Iron Mountain Incorporated. All rights reserved. Iron Mountain and the
design of the mountain are registered trademarks of Iron Mountain Incorporated.

Iron Mountain Privacy Policy: http://www.ironmountain.com/legal/privacy.asp
Iron Mountain, 745 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA, 02111 www.ironmountain.com
<http://www.ironmountain.com/>