ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

[gnso-osc-csg] Next steps and conference call

  • To: OSC-CSG Work Team <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-csg] Next steps and conference call
  • From: Olga Cavalli <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:51:43 -0100

Dear Work Team members,

In preparation for our next meeting on Friday, April 24, at 1300 UTC, I
would like to remind you of our action items and suggest an agenda for the
meeting.

First, for our action items ICANN staff circulated a revised Draft Task 1
Work Plan (
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_operations_team).
Many of you provided comments and agreed to participate as follows:

1.     Develop recommendations for a set of participation rules and
operating procedures, which all constituencies should abide by

Lead:
S.S. Kshatriya - Individual

Participants:
Victoria McEvedy - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency
Rafik Dammak - Non-Commercial Users Constituency

2.     Develop recommendations for clear operating principles for each
constituency to ensure that all constituencies function in a representative,
open, transparent, and democratic manner

Lead:
Victoria McEvedy - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

Participants:
Olga Cavalli - Nominating Committee Appointee
Rafik Dammak - Non-Commercial Users Constituency

3.     Develop recommendations for creating and maintaining a database of
all constituency members and others not formally a part of any constituency
that is up-to-date and publicly accessible.

Lead:
Krista Papac - Registrar Constituency

Participants:
Tony Harris - Internet Service and Connectivity Providers Constituency

4.     Develop a "toolkit" of in-kind staff support and/or services for all
constituencies

Lead:
Julie Hedlund - ICANN staff

Participants:
Chuck Gomes - gTLD Registries Constituency

I suggest that we review the Work Plan so that we can be prepared to discuss
it on Friday's call.

In particular, I think it would be useful for all of us to consider how we
might exchange information about constituencies in relation to the
subtasks.

Also, in our last meeting we agreed that it will be very important to have i
*nput from all constituencies* as we develop the recommendations for these
subtasks.  Thus far, not all constituencies are represented and it could be
very much convenient that all of them participate actively in this process.

Finally, here is a draft agenda for Friday's meeting.  Please feel free to
suggest any changes or additions.

*Meeting Agenda*

1.  Call to order/roll call
2.  Draft Task 1 Work Plan
    a.  Participants from constituencies that are not represented
    b.  How to exchange information about constituencies in relations to
subtasks
    c.  First steps and schedule for draft sub-team recommendations
3.  Any other business

Thank you and I look forward to meeting with you on Friday.

Best regards,

Olga