ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

[gnso-osc-csg] RE: Work Plan Task 1, Subtask 1--my clarification

  • To: <sskshatriy@xxxxxxxxx>, "OSC-CSG Work Team" <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>, <jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-csg] RE: Work Plan Task 1, Subtask 1--my clarification
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 18:42:41 -0400

I believe that the Board will decide what are guidelines and what are
rules and we may make recommendations in that regard.  In some cases we
may decide to suggest a rule that is common across the entire GNSO while
in other cases we suggest what we consider to be a best practice.  If
the Board approves a rule, it will apply to all constituencies and/or
SGs; if the Board approves a best practice, a constituency of SG has the
option of making it their own rule or simply a best practice..

Chuck