ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Next steps and conference call- Victoria's Apprehension

  • To: "'Victoria McEvedy'" <victoria@xxxxxxxxxx>, <sskshatriy@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Olga Cavalli'" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Next steps and conference call- Victoria's Apprehension
  • From: "Michael Young" <myoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:42:05 -0400

How about dealing with this a stepped fashion? We could raise the concerns
formally with the OSC and cc the letter/comment to the Board.  I believe we
should give the OSC a first opportunity to address this rather perhaps giving
the impression we are bypassing them.  If we feel our work is impeded after
that point, we can then address the Board directly.

Victoria it would help me (and I suspect others) if you could perhaps draft a
proposed letter/comment for submission prior to Friday’s meeting.  This letter
would frame your concern and describe its scope (at least for me).  I want to
make sure I fully understand your concern, (and forgive me if I am paraphrasing
this wrong), that allowing charter approvals will impede our own work
objectives.

Best Regards,

Michael Young

Vice-President,