ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] 24 April Meeting Notes: OSC-Constituency Operations Work Team

  • To: "Victoria McEvedy" <victoria@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] 24 April Meeting Notes: OSC-Constituency Operations Work Team
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:04:32 -0400

Unless things have changed recently, the work to distribute reasonable quality
transcripts may not justify the value.  If the transcripts produced by the
teleconference service were of reasonable quality and immediately usable, that
would be good.  In the past though, my understanding is that they needed
significant editing before they were effectively usable.  We need Glen to tell
us how much editing work is required to prepare transcripts for distribution so
that we can determine whether the value justifies the effort.

I have no problem with them being posted so that we can decide for ourselves
how much value they add, but I just suggest that we don't expect too much.
Transcripts of audio teleconference meetings should not be assumed to be the
same as the live transcripts produced at ICANN regional meetings.

Chuck