ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

[gnso-osc-csg] March Board Resolution Re Existing Constituencies

  • To: OSC-CSG Work Team <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-csg] March Board Resolution Re Existing Constituencies
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 21:26:32 -0700

Dear OSC-CSG Work Team Members:

Pursuant to the discussions on the last work team call, I am including a number
of links in this message to various background materials regarding the renewal
efforts of existing GNSO Constituencies including ...

The link to the 6 March ICANN Board resolution regarding existing constituency
charters;

http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-06mar09.htm#03  and

The link to the Public Comment Forum regarding existing GNSO Constituency
Renewals - including the Summary/Analysis of comments submitted;

http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#gnso-constituency-renewals   and

The link to the Renewing Constituencies section of the GNSO Improvements
Information page;

http://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/renewal-process-en.htm .

As I mentioned on the work team call, the Staff is in the process of reviewing
the existing constituency charter documents and reaching out to leaders of the
various constituencies to better understand their filings and to identify
potential best practices or common areas of potential improvements to recommend
to the Board.  Broader discussions taking place at the GNSO Council and ICANN
Board level regarding the respective roles of new Stakeholder Groups, existing
GNSO Constituencies and potential new constituencies will have a big influence
on the direction and pace of those renewal efforts. As Staff, we will keep the
team updated on the progress of those efforts.  I suggest a specific agenda
item each meeting to make sure that we have the opportunity to discuss any
developments that have transpired between work team meetings.

Regardless of the final resolution of those discussions, the GNSO community and
the Board will be looking for some common standards to ensure that, going
forward, the Bylaw principles of transparency, fairness, openness and
representativeness are honored in both stakeholder groups and constituencies.
This work team will play a crucial role in the development of those standards.

Looking forward to the next team call.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth