ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Uniformity

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Uniformity
  • From: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 01:10:47 +0900

Hello ,
I think that we should:
- behave in the way to only defend the interests of our respective
constituency instead looking for a common ground. I want to talk that
because the discussion about uniformity which is aimed to make charters,
bylaws and so on more coherent between all constituencies. I disagree with
any attempt to defend the particular interest of constituency by trying to
setup a lot of exceptions which de facto means the maintain of  statu quo.
we are in the process of improvement and restructuring not   in process
of maintain the same situation and label it differently.
-avoid the "push" way. I believe that usually make the opposite expected
result, even me I don't like be pushed even "friendly".
- reach rough consensus : easy to state , hard to achieve. the matter is not
to defend and advocate our proposal but find joint ones.
I agree for reopening issues but I think that should be exceptional. we are
a work team and not a  diplomacy arena where a long negotiation predominates
without clear outcomes.

Rafik

JPEG image