ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

[gnso-osc-csg] Proposed agenda conference call Friday 16 October - Comments about specific requests

  • To: OSC-CSG Work Team <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-csg] Proposed agenda conference call Friday 16 October - Comments about specific requests
  • From: Olga Cavalli <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:20:42 -0300

Dear Working Team,

I hope this email finds you well.

This is the proposed agenda for the conference call tomorrow, please let me
know if you have any comments or suggested changes:

1- Subtask 1.1 and 1.2 Draft Documents:
SS and Victoria have both sent their draft documents.
We should establish a due date for revision of the whole working team.

2- Subtask 1.3 Draft Document.
After hearing no comments or suggested changes this draft version is ready
for bein included in the final draft.

3- Minority reports: two minorities reports have been sent to the list so
far. Due date for sending them is tomorrow Friday 16 October.
We must agree next steps to prepare the final document with Subtask 1.4
Draft document and Minority reports.

4- Revision of due dates for delivering our outcomes.

5- AOB

As promised in one of my previous emails and after consultations with ICANN
staff and with the OSC, let me share with you information about these
pending issues.

*Reopening an issue:*

As per the text included as follows that has been referred to in our emai
list:

“..the Chair should be able to ensure that anyone joining a WG after it has
begun has reviewed all documents and mailing list postings and agrees not to
reopen  previously decided questions.”

Please note that this paragraph belongs to Section 1.3 of the
“Implementation and Charter Drafting Guidelines – FINAL 24 September 2009.”
The Policy Process Steering Committee (PPSC) Working Group Work Team drafted
this document.

This language is not in the Charter of the OSC Constituency and Stakeholder
Group Operations Work Team, which was approved on 13 April 2009.

Complete text of our charter can found in our working team wiki:
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?osc_constituency_operations_work_team_charter

The guide for our Work Team is our Charter.

*
About the deletion of recorded participation:*

This situation is not frequent and there have been occasional requests over
the years to modify or delete GNSO archives or email lists.

Generally, these requests are not accommodated as they go against ICANN’s
spirit and tradition of transparency.

If there is a specific request to expunging a record, the next step in the
process would be for the requester to officially petition this to the
Working Team Secretariat and the final decision will be done in consultation
with the General Counsel´s Office.

Looking forward to talking to you tomorrow.
Best regards
Olga