ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

[gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 16 April 2010 Meeting

  • To: gnso-osc-csg <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 16 April 2010 Meeting
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:12:39 -0700

Dear Work Team members,

Here are the actions/summary from today’s meeting.  Please let me know if you
have any changes or questions.  Our next meeting will be held next Friday, 23
April at 1300 UTC/0600 PST/0900 EST for one hour.  The actions and summary are
included on the wiki at:
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_operations_team.   As my
primary action item, as requested I will combine all of the Task 1
recommendations into one document organized as described below.  I hope to send
the document to you to review early next week.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Julie

Discussion/Action Items:

1. Organization and Formatting of Task 1 Recommendations: The WT members
discussed the organization of the Task 1 recommendations (subtasks 1-3) into
one document. Olga suggested that the recommendations should be put together in
one section and duplicates (such as those in Subtask 2 Part IV Analysis) should
be reconciled with the recommendations in Subtask 2 Part II. Rafik noted that
it was important to include the analysis and background and Chuck suggested
that these could be summarized in an executive summary with the details
retained as an appendix or annex. The WT members on the call agreed to the
following organization 1. Executive Summary with background 2. Recommendations
3. Summary of Minority Reports 4. Annexes/appendices with detailed analysis and
including the text from Subtask 2 Section IV Subsection 3.12 Dealings with
Staff: A Code of Practice. Olga asked Julie Hedlund to produce a combined
document.

2. Task 1, Subtask 2, Part II, Section 1 Term Limits: There was extensive
discussion on term limits. Claudio noted that the latest version did not
include previous language he had suggested. Rafik noted his concern that term
limits should be applied to both Stakeholder Group and Constituency Executive
Committee members. The WT members on the call agreed to separate the term
limits into three sections applying to 1) councilors; 2) officers; 3) executive
committee members. The WT members asked Julie to provide revised language to be
included in the combined set of recommendations.