ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 28 May 2010

  • To: <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 28 May 2010
  • From: <HughesDeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:33:08 -0400

Thanks, Rafik.  We are ready to put substance to our outreach
recommendations for groups and constituencies.  It would be very helpful
if you could provide specific recommendations, suggestions and ideas
related to:

1)        Materials and content that be used to introduce new ICANN
participants to the nuances related to involvement in ICANN.  For
example, Michael suggested creating an "ICANN for Dummies" workshop and
related workshops and materials.  Do you have recommendations for

a.       How the workshop should be developed and executed?

b.       What the workshop materials should contain?

2)        Do you have specific recommendations for ways to define
underrepresented populations and to identify populations that should be
targeted by our outreach efforts?

3)        Do you have ideas and strategies that should be employed in
the outreach process/plan?  Are there specific concerns with outreach in
certain countries/regions (such as advice you provided related to
outreach in certain area because of tension with governments)?  If so,
how should ICANN manage those?

4)        Do you have suggestions related to groups already existing
within ICANN (like ICANN's Global Partnerships group) that are
interested in outreach activities that should be or would be interested
in ICANN's outreach plans and the deliverables of our work?

5)        Do you have any suggestions or thoughts about the creation of
an Outreach Committee?  Is it a good idea?  If so, who should be their
direction, composition, etc.

I am in the middle of a work-related conference call and doing this
while engaging in serious multi-taking, so I apologize in advance for
typos or if this is unclear and rambling.

Debbie

Debra Y. Hughes l Senior Counsel
American Red Cross

Office of the General Counsel