Re: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 28 May 2010
Actions/Summary: 28 May 2010Hello all, Sorry for the late comments (see attached). The document is extremely comprehensive, so there was not much I could add. Great work Debbie! Tony ----- Original Message ----- From: HughesDeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx ; gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:17 PM Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 28 May 2010 To those working on Task 2: Unfortunately, I have a last minute all day business meeting on Friday, 11 June from 8-4pm ET that I cannot move and I will not be able to participate in tomorrow's call. I have not received any updates or comments about Task 2 since our last call on 28 May. Michael: Have you received any feedback/comments? Unless others feel differently, perhaps it would best to cancel the call tomorrow and regroup at our meeting on Sunday, June 20 in Brussels? Thanks, Debbie Debra Y. Hughes l Senior Counsel American Red Cross Office of the General Counsel 2025 E Street, NW Washington, D.C. 20006 Phone: (202) 303-5356 Fax: (202) 303-0143 HughesDeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ From: owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Julie Hedlund Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 2:28 PM To: gnso-osc-csg Subject: [gnso-osc-csg] Actions/Summary: 28 May 2010 Dear Work Team members, Here are the actions from today's meeting and the revised report. (You will find the summary on the wiki at: https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?constituency_operations_team.) Please let me know if you have any changes or questions. Our next meeting will be held in two weeks on Friday, 11 June at 1300 UTC/0600 PST/0900 EST for one hour. Best regards, Julie 28 May Meeting Notes/Action Items: Task 1: The Work Team agreed on some corrections/additions to the Task 1 recommendations. Specifically, Debra Hughes was added to the list of Work Team members supporting the majority recommendations and a list of Work Team members with designations as to whether they were subtask leaders was added as Appendix B. The list included an indication of which members were inactive. In addition, the Work Team added the word "Recommended" to the beginning of the title, added a reference to Appendix A at the beginning of Section 2, and accepted all of the changes suggested by Victoria. Action: Julie will revise the document (attached) and send it to the Work Team members who have until Monday, 31 May, to provide any final comments. Olga will send the document to the OSC on Monday. Task 2: The Work Team agreed to use the regularly scheduled Friday calls to meet to discuss Task 2. Debbie noted that there were two areas of focus: outreach to current constituency members and outreach to potential constituency members. Michael offered to work on specific objectives for the proposed ICANN Committee for Outreach. In particular, Michael thought that the Committee could develop a Workshop in coordination with the ISOC to be held in developing countries. The materials for the workshop could include an "ICANN for Dummies" guide along with other materials. He added that outreach efforts could include NGOs and business development organizations. Tony suggested adding knowledge management, Internet governance, and chambers of commerce. Olga offered to help with Latin America, particularly for Internet governance and universities. Rafik agreed to help and suggested working with ICANN's Global Partnerships. Debbie agreed to coordinate with other groups within ICANN to determine how best to establish the Outreach Committee. Action: Prior to the next meeting on Friday, 11 June, Task 2 sub team members should provide input to Michael via the list on the workshop, outreach areas, and any other suggestions. Sub team members also should send any ideas on the Committee concept to Debbie.