ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-csg]

RE: [gnso-osc-csg] ACTION REQUESTED: Final Draft of Global Outreach Program Recommendations

  • To: "Julie Hedlund" <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-osc-csg" <gnso-osc-csg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-csg] ACTION REQUESTED: Final Draft of Global Outreach Program Recommendations
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 10:13:15 -0400

My compliments on all the work on this.  Sorry I was unable to make the
call today.

Section 2.2.1 starts off with "The Committee should be responsible for
developing various tutorial modules that could be inserted as workshops
into existing regional meetings as well as conducted as online
interactive workshops where these could be provided effectively."  Is
the thinking that the committee should/would actually develop the
tutorial modules.  It seems to me that that would be a very time
consuming task.  Would the committee really be able to do that?  I think
it would be more realistic to ask the committee to facilitate or
coordinate development.

In Section 2.2.2, the fourth sentence of the first paragraph says,
"There should be a specific financial sponsorship program to ensure a
cost neutral exercise (i.e. sponsors would be allowed to post their
marks on associated workshop materials for their financial support)."
What does it mean "to post their marks"?

Chuck