ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

RE: [gnso-osc-ops] Action Items/Meeting Notes: OSC-GNSO Operations Work Team

  • To: <jahedlund@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'GNSO Ops Work Team'" <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc-ops] Action Items/Meeting Notes: OSC-GNSO Operations Work Team
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 20:54:13 -0400

Very good summary, Julie.  Thank you.

Ray

  _____

From: owner-gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Julie Hedlund
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:05 PM
To: GNSO Ops Work Team
Subject: [gnso-osc-ops] Action Items/Meeting Notes: OSC-GNSO Operations Work
Team

Dear Work Team Members,

For your review and consideration, the following are the action items and
main points of discussion from today's meeting.  These also are posted on
the wiki at:
<https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?gnso_operations_team>
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?gnso_operations_team.  In addition,
I have posted the draft meeting notes for your review at:
<https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?osc_gnso_operations_team_meeting_n
otes>
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?osc_gnso_operations_team_meeting_no
tes
<https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?osc_gnso_operations_team_meeting_n
otes> .  Also, please note that the team decided that the next meeting will
be held on Wednesday, 29 April 2009 at 1600 UTC.  If you cannot attend at
this time, please alert Ray or myself.

Meeting Action Items:

1.  High-level operating principles: Ron and Julie to edit the draft
document to clarify terminology, add an organization chart and a list of
functions, and circulate it to the team for review.

2.  Draft Charter: Work Team to review and vote on revised charter:
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?gnso_operations_work_team_draft_cha
rter.

Main Points of Discussion:

1.  High level-operating principles

--Discussed the draft document circulated last week;

--Asked for clarification concerning organization and functions;

--Expressed concerns about whether administrative functions should be at the
same level as policy functions; and

--Decided to request a revised document for review with an organization
chart and list of functions.

2.  Charter:  Approved with clarification that ICANN staff may take the lead
to develop a draft of the curriculum training for Council members (bullet 4
under Section I) and revised bullet 5, Section I to read "Review rules..."
instead of "Prepare clear rules...).  Work Team members are requested to
review and vote on the revised charter.  (See separate message from Ray
Fassett.)

3.  SOI/DOI:  Deferred to next meeting pending possible action by the Board
Governance Committee on the Conflict of Interest Policy.

Please let me know if you have questions and comments.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Julie

Julie Hedlund

Policy Consultant