ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc-ops]

RE: QuQRE: [gnso-osc-ops] GNSO "kite" and Sydney

  • To: "'GNSO Ops Work Team'" <gnso-osc-ops@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: QuQRE: [gnso-osc-ops] GNSO "kite" and Sydney
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 16:28:52 -0400

Ron, I have today sought input from the GNSO Secretariat (room scheduling,
potential agenda conflicts) with regards to extending the Work Team?s
scheduled meeting on Sunday in Sydney from one hour to two hours.  Assuming
none, I have requested the hour extension.  I think was a good suggestion.

With regards to informational access, I am not hiding anything.  I have
previously forwarded an e-mail from Chuck Gomes, the OSC Chair, requesting
our focus to be on the Rules of Procedure.  On our last call, I instructed
Julie on behalf of our team to provide us guidance on which areas of the RoP
we can best focus upon.  Julie talked to Rob, Rob talked to Chuck, Chuck
talked to Julie or some iteration like this and Julie got back to me as I
requested from our last call, the result of which is Section 3, targeting
3.5 and 3.6 (Quorum and Votes, respectively) as most urgent for reasons
described previous, which I concurred to constructive.  I am not taking the
approach of having to understand what everybody else is doing.  I will leave
this for the OSC.  What is important to me as the Chair of this Work Team is
to advance upon the expectations of the OSC.  With this said, it could be
helpful from Julie for some background of how work done by other work teams
will impact the work we are undertaking.  In the meantime, I think we have
meaningful feedback and input of where we can best concentrate our efforts
towards useful and productive output specific to the Council Rules of
Procedure.  As Wolf articulated, there is a lot of content here and I plan
to continually look to the OSC for guidance and to Julie for staff support
to this end.

I hope this helps to explain the concerns you mention which I find helpful
to the team.

Ray

  _____